Our Music Video

Our Digipak Cover - back & front

Our Digipak Cover - back & front

Our Digipak Cover - inside

Our Digipak Cover - inside

Click to visit Our Website

Click here to visit our Facebook Group

Friday 5 September 2014

My Music Comsumption

I listen to music via radio every morning on my way to school with my brother; in this case I find that upbeat music is usually most fitting in comparison with times when I'll listen to music alone as it is fun to listen to this kind of music together. I tend to listen to music on my iPod/iPhone whenever I'm working in school, or using public transport. In order to listen to newer music and discover moe, I tend to use Soundcloud as well as Youtube Channels for example TheSoundYouNeed. I also listen to a lot of music when with friends as a sort of shared enjoyment and focus for the group a well as a way of discovering new music, and sometimes just as background music to influence the mood of a gathering or party for example. In addition to this, I like to attend music festivals and gigs to experience live music as this has a very different feel to prerecorded music.


Song from my childhood; Blur - Tender



This song reminds me of my childhood as my parents used to play it a lot when I was little and it was my favourite song for a long time. I also feel that it was amongst the kind of music that influenced what I would listen to as I got older and discovered music for myself.

Song from my early teens; Green Day - Good Riddance



This was one of the first songs that really got me into the music I like today and helped transition my music taste as I got older. It was also the first song I ever learned on guitar. I find this song quite emotional to listen to and it's incredibly nostalgic.

Song that means a lot to me today; Wilkinson - Halflight




This song means a lot to me at the moment as it has lots of memories attached to it from summer, for example when it was played at Reading festival. Music often has emotional memories attached to it and this is often why I listen to certain songs. In addition, I find that this song lifts my mood and so I'm more inclined to listen to this type of music at a gathering or with friends than when I'm alone. This demonstrates how people can like a wide range of music but certain types can be more suitable depending on the circumstance.


I think that music is always good for changing someone's mood, for example when you're angry it can calm you down, or when you're sad it can cheer you up. In contrast, it can also be used as a way to relate when you are upset. For example, I have certain songs I listen to when I'm sad as they are usually relateable to the way I'm feeling. Music is often relateable to circumstances in peoples' lives and so prevents them from feeling alone. In addition, music can greatly change the environment, for example it can make a party a lot more fun, which is why I like listening to music that I enjoy in these circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment