Our Music Video

Our Digipak Cover - back & front

Our Digipak Cover - back & front

Our Digipak Cover - inside

Our Digipak Cover - inside

Click to visit Our Website

Click here to visit our Facebook Group

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Influential Styles

The TV show 'Skins' has been a huge influence when thinking about content of the video as well as style. The way in which it follows an average friendship group is something I particularly like as this is relateable to the youth audience, as well as sometimes being aspirational. The show does have a lot of emotion, but there are a lot of scenes that just show young people having fun, which is an idea that I particularly like. With regards to style, I like the way in which the programme can be incredibly naturalistic and realistic as well as exaggerated and dramatized. I also like the styling of the characters and the way in which this brings out each character's personality, which is something I would like to consider for my music video.



A concept that I found incredibly inspirational is powder paint parties. These look really good on camera with endless possibilities of shot types. They also look like everyone is having a good time which is something I would like to convey in my music video. The colours would work well with the sort of partying and dancing video I would like to create.


I have also been inspired by the style of the 90s. I like the bright colours, for example tie dye and neon, and feel that these create a fun and individual look. In addition, the retro style of the 90s is incredibly fashionable at the moment so this could be good with appealing to a young audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment