Our Music Video

Our Digipak Cover - back & front

Our Digipak Cover - back & front

Our Digipak Cover - inside

Our Digipak Cover - inside

Click to visit Our Website

Click here to visit our Facebook Group

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Music Video Influences



I like the way that the entire video is in thermal imaging and this turns a fairly basic idea into a really interesting video. The fact that the video is so intriguing detracts from the fact that the song is actually very repetitive which is typical of the genre. I would like to use some effects in my video that give a similar effect of transforming the image into something that isn't usually seen. In addition, I like the concept of the video with shots focusing on the dancing in the club scene but also the fact that it is focused on a narrative of two characters within a wider concept of the clubbing scene.


In this video I like the way in which they have used costumes and effects to make it appear to be in the style of a 90s video which gives it a nice retro look. I also like the way in which it cuts between the singer and general shots that have contextual significance to both the song and the era.



I really like the use of strobe effects and cuts to work in time with the music; I think this makes the video and song together very powerful. The strobes and black outs are used effectively as transitions too.  I also really like the slow motion dancing shots as they're interesting to watch and I would like to use some dancing shots similar to this in my video. In addition, I like the idea of the cuts between the character's normal life and figments of his imagination and think this is done very creatively in this video.

My favourite part of this video is the use of looped shots to create the effect of people dancing continuously. In addition, I like the way in which the darkness contrasts with the bright white lights and the effect this has on the black and white video. I also like the use of light and darkness as a transition between places and narratives in the video.

Despite this video being of a very different style to the previous ones, I like the way in which it basically just follows the band around doing different fun things. I like the idea of producing a video that follows a group of young people and is identifiable with the young British audience. There are also some really nice exterior shots which would be interesting to do, but probably very difficult to produce to a professional standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment