Our Music Video

Our Digipak Cover - back & front

Our Digipak Cover - back & front

Our Digipak Cover - inside

Our Digipak Cover - inside

Click to visit Our Website

Click here to visit our Facebook Group

Tuesday 24 June 2014

2.What have you learnt from participating in each of the prelim tasks?

Task 1: Audition Video
From the making the audition video I learned how to lip sync which was a key part of the production of the music video. I was fairly confident with the use of a camera and framing etc. which meant that the actual filming wasn't a problem, however I soon came to realise that being on camera was a challenge for me. From this task I learned the basics of conducting yourself on camera and feeling confident being filmed. In addition, in the editing stage I learned how to create a performance bed and also how to use the audio in order to sync movement. All of these skills were incredibly important to the development of the project and helped me greatly in later stages.
Lip syncing in our audition video
Task 2: Learn and Practice Your Performance
In the first rehearsal I found it difficult to get into character and act with ease while people were watching. However, I gradually learnt to be comfortable with the idea of being on camera and acting in front of my peers and the crew. In addition, I became aware of the importance of directions given from the crew and how each specific part of the performance would effect the end result. Having the long rehearsals after school got me used to the idea of a 12 hour shoot and it soon became a less daunting and more enjoyable experience. I felt improvement with each rehearsal, learning of the importance of practicing performance in order to have the footage outcome intended.

Task 3: Help to Plan and Organise Your Costume
As we weren't copying the costumes of the girls in the actual video, it was quite difficult to know what to wear without trying on various outfits and seeing what looked best. It was hard to tell for myself so I soon realised the importance of the opinion of the teachers and my peers in knowing what looked best. I also learned of the importance of getting costume, hair and makeup looking as good as possible as this would drastically affect the end product.

Task 4: The Shoot
From the shoot I learned how to act in front of a camera in a situation where it was really important, as opposed to the small scale acting which we did for the audition video. I learned to get into the role and do as I had done in rehearsals but with maximum effort, trying to get the shots in as few takes as possible in order to keep the shoot on track for time. It was important to work as a team on the shoot. As well as the acting side, I learned some technical aspects too. For example, I was taught how the lighting works from upstairs in the studio. I also got to do playback which I soon realised was a crucial part of music video production.


Mari and I doing Playback
By watching the big monitor screen, we all got to watch how things looked on the camera, learning a lot about camerawork and framing on a large scale. In addition, I learned a lot about a large scale professional shoot and how everything is run, with the importance of teamwork and cooperation.

Task 5: The Edit
As there was a deadline for the edit, it soon became apparent that working well with Georgie to maximize the usage of our time was crucial to the editing process. We worked incredibly hard throughout this task but it proved to be worth it in the end. From a technical point of view, I was able to apply the skills learnt in the audition video task, while learning some new ones for example how to use key frames in order to create flashes that were identical to the original, as seen below.     

No comments:

Post a Comment