Our Music Video

Our Digipak Cover - back & front

Our Digipak Cover - back & front

Our Digipak Cover - inside

Our Digipak Cover - inside

Click to visit Our Website

Click here to visit our Facebook Group

Sunday 22 June 2014

4.How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

From working on such a large scale project I have realised that there are a lot more possibilities than I knew about before. For example, I haven't worked with a camera as good as the one that was used for the remake. I'd also never realised how much lighting can change the footage and how many options we have with the facilities in the studio at school. In addition, I now realise that it is challenging but quite possible to make something produced at an amateur level look somewhat professional and incredibly impressive. This has made me think more ambitiously about the music video that we produce for A2.

The professional camera used in the shoot
However, I have now realised that it takes a lot of work to produce something on such a large scale and so pre-production and planning will be crucial to the shoot, and most importantly the end product. We will have to work very hard next term, but from the impressive outcome of the prelim I know that it will definitely be worth it. I have also gained various skills from each task that can be applied to next term's coursework. For example, acting in front of camera, working in a team, sticking to a shoot schedule and also technical aspects which can be applied to editing such as a performance bed and audio sync.
Overall, I feel that this prelim experience has prepared me well for next term's music video coursework, however I appreciate that there is a lot more to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment